Founded in 1925, the Legion is Canada’s largest Veteran support and community service organization with a national reach across Canada, and branches in the U.S., Europe and Mexico. And with nearly 300,000 members of the Legion, our strength is in our numbers. Join us here in Stony Plain!
The Legion understands the importance of acknowledging the courage of those who served and still serve today. Through Remembrance initiatives, we help Canadians honour those who have make the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
Help out by running the Meat Draw or 50/50 draw. Each of these are a two hour commitment on Saturdays 3:00 -5:00 pm. See Buck Coutts to have your name added to the list for 2021.
Tickets Available at the Bar Get yours soon
An update from your Membership Chair:
- We currently have 463 members paid up for 2021.
- There are 133 Ordinary, 237 Associate and 74 Affiliate Members.
- The Branch has 16 Life Members, those 16 members add up to 682 years of service to the Royal Canadian Legion!! Not bad, eh?
I have done up the "2021 Years of Service" for the Branch and will post along with the "2020 Years of Service" as you may have missed them last year, a few were given out at our Jan. and Feb. General Meetings that we were allowed to have early in the year.
Although not at a 5 year increment I would like to say Congrats!! to 68 years for Dave Waddell, 59 years for Peter Gosselin and 58 years for Hervy Watson.
For the most part I think everyone has been contacted regarding dues, some members want to wait until we open and we are all hoping for that asap. If you would like to pay before hand you can contact me, call or text 780-908-5672, email email@example.com
Yours in Comradeship,
contact Branch- Edward Siteman
The Legion provides a range of service and supports for Veterans, their families and dependents.T In addition to directly assisting Veterans and their Families wirh
the disability process through Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC). the Legion Offers a variety of programs, resources and Referrals to Support Veteran Health, transition to civilian life, financial assistance and well-being.
The Last Sunday of the Month Starting @ 1400 hours has been set aside for a gathering of Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces & RCMP and all those serving on active duty to come together in Fellowship and to be introduced to the Legion. Coffee and Donuts will be Served. All Veterans Welcome
- meet with a volunteer Legion Service Officer to help identify unmet health or support needs and review possible benefits through (VAC) as well as other supports available
- get assistance with completing the Legion Claims Form and receive a referral to Legion Command Service Officers for individual assistance
- request benevolent financial through the Poppy Fund
- request visits to Veterans in Retirement and Long-Term Care Facilities
- access Veteran support and care programs as offered through the Branch
Rev. Trevor Swanson, MTS
Every year these will be awarded
Thank You to Pat Hale who Conducted the Meat Draw.
$40.00 Meat Pack won by Lanny McConnell
Thanks to Vi & Brian Williams for Conducting the 50/50 and to Lanny McConnelll who got the winning ticket and Took home $90.00
Aug Toonie Draw Bill Durkin took home $172.00
Drawn this week
Carolyn Marie Wagner
A Big thank You to our Volunteers this week. Burger Night volunteers were Dave Hawryluk, Bryan Murphy, Cal McKenzie, Brenda McKenzie and Bob Lecompte
Steak Night Volunteers were The Kinsmen Club of Stony Plain, Jim & June Hughes and Gord Morrison
We love our members and welcome visitors, so feel free to visit during normal business hours. Come Check Out our New Deck Now Open
4902 44 Ave, Stony Plain, Alberta Z L4, Canada